Mr. Pinkerton

 whew is it nice to finally get through the process of creating a name that is not taken.

Misspinks is a popular name I guess. So is Mrspinks Mspinks Mrpinks Mpink... I have never been original past my unstable mentality. But Misspinks is my thing. I began using it after hearing on a podcast. The host had a dog named Mr. Pinkerton... i thought that was the cutest thing ever. The first chance I got, I named something Mr. Pinkerton. This was when my boyfriend bought me a giant pink unicorn from HEB. I couldn't tell you when my fascination with unicorns began, but I assume it was around this time... Mr. Pinkerton was immediately a comfort stuffy. At night, I held Mr Pinkerton against my belly with my hands weaved under his armpits, meeting securely under his head..... the bottom of his stuffed animal body met the nook of my body perfectly......Daniel held me a simular way. 

(this is one of those moments when I recall something simple from my past that screams I was gay)

Mr Pinkerton has been with me through 2 boy relationships and 2 girl relationships. He has comforted my best friend when she needed to lay in my bed after a break up. he has snuggled against Savannahs stomach when she had food poisoning. Many nights his belly fit perfectly into the nook of my neck. A pair of paws sticking out on each side. I studied for many tests, completed research, and journaled with a perfectly supported neck. He followed me into a Uhaul all the way to New Hampshire. By this time, he was considered as precious as my hair straightener or kitchen aid mixer. 

I am many states away from Mr. Pinkerton. He was thrown into a storage unit in Manchester, New Hampshire at the peak of winter. The most important comforting stuffy of mine, that brought me through 4 break ups, two friendships breakups, countless health crisis, numerous deaths. He didn't deserve to be stuffed into a box so I sat him on top of a storage container. By now he has laid there in rain, snow, humidity, and will endever whatever the summer brings him. 

Fluff is frozen into mats. stuffing has condensed into balls of dense powder soft fabric on his snout and hooves have peaks of miscolored fur stuck together. 

Three months from now I will fly to Manchester, New Hampshire. All of my things from storage unit F13 will transfer to a U-haul truck. At the top of the pile will sit Mr Pinkerton... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unbelizable